Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's My Angle?

So, what qualifies me to talk about building community?  Well, I've had some success at it over the last few decades. I've always been a "Nuclear Powered Julie the Cruise Director" personality type - Technically speaking, I'm an ENFP on the Myers-Briggs test. In fact, I peg the needle on all parts of being an ENFP, which means that organizing events, building teams, spotting rising talent among us, and creating new breakthroughs is as easy for me as breathing.
It ain't bragging if it's true.
As it says in my bio, I have hosted hundreds and hundreds of events, and always for the sheer joy of seeing large crowds of happy and satisfied people. I get my payback when I see everybody on the same happy vibe - I get high on the endorphins of communal joy.
I also have the nature of a non-religious preacher - when I write, I'm building a message that many people can internalize and use as a way for everyone to attain goals together.
I'm really good at creating memes - Otherwise known as "idea viruses".  For example - The concept of "Leather Pride" celebrations originated in San Diego when I created the very first one. Now, we have annual Leather Pride celebrations worldwide.
There's a lot more, but I'm sure that it will all become apparent as time goes by and I dig deeper and explain the context behind some of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment